The health of your teeth and mouth is very important to the health of your entire body. Although routine brushing and flossing at home are necessary to keep your smile looking and feeling its best, visiting your dentist for a comprehensive exam, oral cancer exam, and cleaning is essential to prevent problems before they start.
Why should I have routine dental exams and cleanings?
- Proactively prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath
- Prevent the need for larger financial investments and extensive dental procedures
- Keep your smile looking young by reducing staining from food and beverages
- Answer any questions you have about how to reach your oral health goals
- Have a smile that will last a lifetime
What should I expect during my exam?
- An oral cancer screening
- Thorough examination of teeth for signs of cavities
- Taking of any necessary digital X-rays to evaluate dental issues not visible to the naked eye
What should I expect during my cleaning?
- A discussion with our hygienist about the best type of cleaning for your mouth
- Evaluation of your periodontal (gum/bone) health with our computerized, interactive Dental Fitness program
- Creation of a personalized homecare routine to keep your teeth and gums healthy