Healthy easy to make muffins, and perfect for the fall!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup maple or pancake syrup 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (do not use quick-cook or instant)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray/grease muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the first 8 ingredients (through optional salt), and whisk to combine.
- Add the oats, baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute the batter into muffin tin (*Make sure each muffin tin is nearly full; muffins do not rise much)
- Bake for about 23 minutes. Don't overbake because muffins will be prone to drying out. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing
Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Wortzel Integrative Dental Care